INTERIOR DESIGN ASSISTANT
Our rapidly growing creative interior design firm with a penchant for renovations, is seeking a freelance/part time design assistant. This is an opportunity to participate in all aspects of a small business. The ideal candidate will adapt to change easily (no two days are alike around here), have a professional demeanor, a sense of humor, and strong desire to not only do design work, but to also learn about the behind-the-scenes operations of an interior design firm AND improve them. No task should be too big or too small as you will have the opportunity to learn a lot, which will also require getting your hands dirty!
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Creating templates and processes for future use
- Creating purchase orders
- Creating post-project surveys & follow-up
- Assistance with monthly email newsletter (MailChimp)
- Assistance with client management and tracking
- Errands -sample pulling/returning, shopping, administrative
- Assisting in-person on photo shoots and installs
- Assisting with social media and/or blog content creation, research, etc.
- Website updates (Squarespace)
- Editing and organizing photos
- Assistance with design ideas and development - mood boards, product research, vendor research (online and in-person)
- Assisting with project drawings, mostly plan and elevations
- Occasional 3D Renderings a plus
- Ideal candidate will have access to a car and their own computer
- Position will be part remote, part in-person and will begin in April, ideally.
- 8-15 hours a week to start with opportunity for growth if a good fit.
- Availability at least weekly to meet in person during business hours in Chicago
- Knowledge of AutoCAD is a must
- Knowledge of SketchUp, Ivy, Adobe Suite or other 3D Rendering software, and/or the Merchandise Mart a plus
- Candidate MUST be pursuing or have a degree in interior design or closely related field or have some relevant prior design or decorating experience.
If you think you might be a good fit, please send your resume and a bit about you, your availability, and what you’re looking for in an email with the subject line DESIGN ASSISTANT to email@example.com.